KwaNobuhle power outage blamed for deadly fire

Woman dies after candle lit during blackout falls over, setting house alight

Lighting a candle when KwaNobuhle was again plunged into darkness due to yet another unplanned power outage resulted in the death of a mother and beloved member of the community when her house caught fire.

The grieving family said the blackout was at least partly to blame for the tragic events which unfolded on Wednesday night...

This article is reserved for HeraldLIVE subscribers.

A subscription gives you full digital access to all our content.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Already registered on DispatchLIVE, BusinessLIVE, TimesLIVE or SowetanLIVE? Sign in with the same details.

Questions or problems? Email or call 0860 52 52 00.

Would you like to comment on this article?
Register (it's quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.