These stand out for judges
MORE than 120 exhibitors vie to be chosen as the best stand of The Herald Boardwalk Bridal Fair with a judging panel of three choosing six winners. The overall stand winner receives a free stand for the 2015 Bridal Fair.
Judges Jeannine Adams, senior graphic designer at Strategy advertising agency; Boardwalk events co-ordinator Siya Mfundisi, and La Femme editor Gillian McAinsh said the designers' stands were a highlight, along with the new Sweet and Stylish lounge, which featured five different confectioners.
Francois Deyzel event co-ordinator and wedding planner won the best bridal fair stand overall. "I loved the decor companies who played with different nuances, and I think overall they made an effort, there is a lot more competition," Mfundisi said.
Deyzel's elegant and sophisticated display showcased different facets of a wedding, ranging from flowers to table settings, and included a water feature
The panel voted for the following category winners:
- Best venue stand: Radisson Blu. "The Radisson stand was simple and glamorous with an excellent use of space," Adams said. Offering the public Moët & Chandon champagne and designer canapés added to the classy effect.
- Best photographic stand: Eclipse Photography. The judges said photographer Reino van Eck created a "cocoon" for his work, inviting visitors into his space.
- Best decor stand: Wise Hire. Representative Resonia Hendricks's stand was "trendy and current, with a beautiful choice of decor, materials and colour" Mfundisi said.
- Best confectionery stand: Fat Cats Catering. Grace and Stephanie du Preez fought off stiff competition to win with their stunning pink and copper display of sweet treats.
- Best designer stand: Designs by Johan.