After children poisoned, parents have to deal with Covid deaths, medical bills, court action

Torment goes on for Ingram family


When Matthew Ingram and his sister, Tammy, died of pesticide poisoning, he had been reading a book about the holocaust — one where two children held hands as their bodies shut down from the colourless, odourless gas they never knew they were inhaling.

The similarities of what befell the characters in the book, discovered in Matthew’s room only recently, and what the Ingram siblings experienced nearly seven decades later, is frightening — but for grieving parents Stanton and Selina Ingram the nightmare is far from over...

This article is reserved for HeraldLIVE subscribers.

A subscription gives you full digital access to all our content.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Already registered on DispatchLIVE, BusinessLIVE, TimesLIVE or SowetanLIVE? Sign in with the same details.

Questions or problems? Email or call 0860 52 52 00.

Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.