×

We've got news for you.

Register on HeraldLIVE at no cost to receive newsletters, read exclusive articles & more.
Register now

Breakthrough in mass shooting at home



Police have arrested one of the alleged gunmen who killed three people and wounded another four inside a Booysen Park home earlier this month.
Ruaan Willemse, 8, Deacon van Rooyen, 14, and Chadwin Calvert, 17, were visiting at a house in Capulet Street when they were mowed down just after 9pm on November 2.
Ruaan and Deacon died at the scene, while Chadwin died in hospital later.
It is believed all three were shot in the head.
Four other people in the house, aged between 24 and 36, were wounded, one of them seriously.
Police spokesperson Colonel Priscilla Naidu said the Port Elizabeth branch of the provincial Organised Crime Investigation Unit took over the triple murder probe as well as four cases of attempted murder and armed robbery.
“During investigations, the 34-year-old suspect was sought by police.
“The Bethelsdorp task team members were informed to assist in tracing the suspect.
“Since Friday, several houses were searched,” Naidu said.
“On Sunday, while still searching for the suspect, they noticed a suspicious green Golf in Booysen Park and followed it to KwaDwesi.
“The vehicle was stopped and the wanted suspect was found inside,” she said.
“In addition, another 20year-old wanted for another case of a gang-related murder in September and an attempted murder in July 2018 was also arrested.”
Naidu said both suspects were affiliated to the Satan gang.
More arrests are expected. Both men are due to appear in the Port Elizabeth Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday.

FREE TO READ | Just register if you’re new, or sign in.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@heraldlive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00.