The Herald requires a highly motivated press photographer to take up the following position:
POSITION: Photographer REPORTING TO: Chief photographer DEPARTMENT: Editorial LOCATION : Port Elizabeth
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / OUTCOMES
- Take pictures on assignment.
- Edit pictures in conjunction with the pictures editor.
- Accompany reporters on assignments.
- Participate in team activities within the photographic department.
- Keep adherence to pictures diary.
- Ensure good quality of photographic equipment.
- Provide multimedia visual content for online platforms
- Relevant tertiary education.
- Previous photography experience (Minimum 1 – 3 years).
- Experience in a newsroom preferable.
- Experience in photo journalism.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Solid grasp of Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality & Eastern Cape current affairs.
- A thorough knowledge of journalistic ethics and practices, including the Press Code.
- Good general knowledge.
- Computer literate and familiar with photo editing software.
- Excellent photographic skills.
- Good understanding of newspapers values and working environment.
- Good visual sense.
- Good mobility and agility.
- Ability and confidence to take responsibility.
- Ability to work in difficult and sometimes dangerous situations.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours, including on weekends and public holidays.
Times Media is an Affirmative Action Employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organization. Kindly take note that should we do not respond to you