Recipe: easy roasted vegetables
Roasted vegetables are a great way to give boring broccoli and other family greens an extra zing, so try this healthy yet satisfying version this weekend.
This recipe for roasted vegetables is a simple version published in the The Lose It! Magazine Cookbook, which is packed with tried, tested recipes that are reader favourites, as well as 20 brand new dishes.
Roasted Vegetables Ingredients
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into chunks or wedges (you can leave the skin on)
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 4 baby marrows, cut into chunks
- 3 onions, halved, or 6 whole baby onions
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- ½ cup macadamia nut oil
- Optional: 1 tablespoon coconut oil and ½ punnet of mushrooms
Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and seasoning. Pour over the macadamia oil, or a mixture of macadamia and coconut oil, and mix well to coat all the vegetables.
Roast for 20-30 minutes. Alternately, bake at a slightly lower temperature and for longer if you wish the vegetables to be crisper.
If you are adding mushrooms, add towards the end so the dish does not become watery.
Lose It! is a low-carb South African magazine, aimed at helping its readers to understand, prepare and eat simple yet satisfying meals. The Lose It! Magazine Cookbook is published by , an imprint of Jonathan Ball Publishers. www.sunbirdpublishers.co.za and retails for around R170.