Sponsored by Prestons Liquor Stores
RECIPE | Melktert shooter
Celebrate Heritage Month with Prestons Liquor Stores' favourite proudly SA shooter recipes
The Melktert shooter, named after a SA dessert tart, is a firm favourite at SA gatherings. The drink smells and tastes just like a milktert (milk tart).
Watch the video below:
Makes: about 800ml
1 tin (300ml) condensed milk
1 tin (375ml) evaporated milk
300ml vodka (you can add more or less vodka to the mix depending on how strong you want your drink to be)
Ground cinnamon to serve
- Mix well, using a whisk or food processor, the three wet ingredients.
- Poor the mixture into a bottle or serving jug.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour into shooter or shot glasses.
- Sprinkle each Melktert with cinnamon and serve.
- Mix well, using a food processor or whisk, and bottle, or simply pour the ingredients into a 1l bottle and shake well.
- Keep in the fridge. Shake well before pouring into shooter or shot glasses.
- Sprinkle each Melktert with ground cinnamon and serve chilled.
Visit the Preston Liquor Stores online store to order your Melktert shooter ingredients online.
Alcohol is not for sale to people under the age of 18. Drink responsibly.
The article was paid for by Prestons Liquor Stores.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.