At-home tips from songbird Yanga Sobetwa and 'quarantunes' for the weekend
Self-proclaimed homebody Yanga Sobetwa has got all the answers while many of us struggle with staying indoors during the 21-day national lockdown.
The Idols SA winner says she enjoys her own space more than the average person. Below the 19-year-old songbird gives five tips on surviving the lockdown:
- If I’m not at school, I’m at home. If I’m not at a gig, I’m home. That’s it for me. I’m someone who loves my space and just being by myself. To entertain myself I watch a lot of YouTube videos.
- I connect with myself. I reflect a lot and it helps me to be intact with myself – especially my emotional and mental wellbeing. I also use the time to come up with a lot of new ideas.
- I make sure that my spiritual self is nourished as well. I read the Bible every day, read the word of the lord and pray every day. This is to solidify my spirit, so that when I go out I’m able to deal with certain situations in a wise manner.
- I eat a lot. I make sure that I’m well fed. My goal is to gain a few kilos. I have been going to the gym a lot, but I feel like I’ve been losing the weight instead of toning the way I want. For me it’s a good thing, while for others it’s not.
- I try to connect with friends and family. Not daily, but I try my best.
Below are some Quarantunes that Gallo record company have compiled to help you survive the weekend.
Top 5 songs to do an at-home pamper sesh to
Little Girl by Yanga Sobetwa
We’re In This Love Together by Chris Walker
Lovely Day by Henry Philemon
Believe by Howie Combrink
Sthandwa by Thami Shobede
Top 5 weekend move-your-feet beats
It's Alright by Rubber Duc
No Distractions by Paxton http://africori.to/nodistractions
Your Princess is in Another Castle by Loui London
Here I Am off the Portal album by Grassy Spark
Savanna by Josh Wantie http://africori.to/savanna
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.