Considering a mechanical trade?

ARE you interested in levers, gears, pulleys, valves or metal work? Do you enjoy working with your hands? Then you should consider a trade in the mechanical engineering field.
A fitter and turner is an occupation which refers to a person who manufactures mechanical parts (turner) and assembles (fitter) those parts together to manufacture a mechanical device. Fitters and turners work according to specifications of engineering drawings and sketches.
A motor mechanic is a mechanic who specialises in automobile maintenance, repair, and sometimes modification.
A welder is a tradesman who specialises in welding and cutting materials. The welded materials can be metals (such as steel, aluminium, brass, and stainless steel) or varieties of plastic or polymer.
A boilermaker fabricates and assembles structural metal products, such as the framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, and metal components for buildings and bridges.
If you would like to become a qualified artisan in any of these fields, contact a training centre or FET college to find out more.

Leave a Reply

Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment moderation policy. Your email address is required but will not be published.