SATURDAY, 1 APRIL 2017
Road closure on Marine Drive from Driftsands Drive to Noordhoek from 07h00-11h00
SUNDAY, 2 APRIL 2017
Standard Bank IRONMAN African Championship
Full Road Closures: From 05h00 to Midnight:
- Marine Drive from Lodge Road to Summerstrand Hotel
- 2nd Avenue from Brighton Drive to Marine Drive
- Admiralty Way from Marine Drive to University Way
There will be a controlled cross-over point at Brighton Drive / Admiralty Crescent.
Partial Road Closure: From 05h00 to Midnight
- Marine Drive from Walmer Boulevard to La Roche Drive
- Marine Drive from La Roche Drive to Lodge Road
Full Road Closures: From 05h00 to 17h00:
- Marine Drive from Summerstrand Hotel to Schoenmakerskop.
- From 17h00, access into Summerstrand / City will be via the NMMU back gate.
- Victoria Drive from Schoenmakerskop to Glendore Road intersection
- Sardinia Bay Road
- Heron Road
- Seaview Road from Heron Road to Van Reenen Road, Seaview
- Elizabeth Road/Beachview Divisional Road from Seaview Road to Beachview Drive, Beachview, Maitlands area.
Controlled access to the following points during road closures:
- To and from Pine Lodge only via the NMMU back gate on Marine Drive.
- To and from the Sardinia Bay Golf Estate & Club from Seaview / Heron Road intersection.
Concessions / Convoys – as below only:
Up to 07h15: Vehicles may leave from Noordhoek / Willows / Schoenmakerskop, driving towards Victoria Drive only to exit.
13h45: NMBM Traffic controlled Convoy departs from Willows, picking up vehicles in Schoenmakerskop, exiting on Victoria Drive.
14h15: NMBM Traffic controlled convoy from Victoria Drive / Glendore Road intersection to Schoenmakerskop / Willows.
Up to 07h45: Vehicles may leave Kini Bay towards Seaview.
15h30: NMBM Traffic controlled Convoy from Kini Bay to Seaview on Sea Side of Road
± 16h00: Seaview Road should open between Kini Bay and Seaview.