New Tshwane executive mayor Solly Msimanga has announced his mayoral council‚ which includes members of opposition parties which supported his party in claiming the city from the African National Congress (ANC).
The Democratic Alliance’s (DA) Msimanga announced his members of the mayoral committee (MMC) on Friday‚ saying the new team has the huge task of getting the city to work at maximum efficiency.
He said his team was diverse and faced an enormous task of “turning around the city‚ getting finances right‚ creating jobs‚ delivering services and cutting corruption”.
“I am proud to lead this team of diverse and talented servants of the public. We as a team will all work to bring the change Tshwane needs. There is no time to rest and we will hit the ground running‚” said Msimanga.
The mayor held a series of interviews‚ consultations and discussions over the past six days to decide on these appointments‚ and has high expectations for the team selected.
The mayoral committee shall comprise (DA unless stipulated):
– MMC for Infrastructure Darryl Moss
– MMC for Economic Development Randall Williams
– MMC for Roads & Transport Sheila Senkugube
– MMC for Agriculture & Environment Mike Mkhari
– MMC for Human Settlements Mandla Nkomo
– MMC for Sports‚ Recreations & Culture Ntsiki Mokhotho
– MMC for Health & Social Development Sakkie Du Plooy (Freedom Front Plus)
– MMC for Community Safety Derek Kissundooth (African Chrsitian Democratic Party)
– MMC for Finance Mari — Lise Fourie
– MMC for Corporate Services Cilliers Brink
The Economic Freedom Fighters councillors stood by its national leadership’s decision and supported the DA in its bid to win the City of Tshwane.
This allowed the DA to‚ for the first time in the country’s democracy‚ to dethrone the ANC in the capital.
The FF+ and the ACDP also supported the DA following agreements signed in Sandton before the Tshwane inaugural mayoral council. – TMG Digital