Who is Zolani Sibeko:
• The last to be arrested in connection with Jayde Panayiotou’s murder, little is known about Sibeko, 35.
• He also goes by the name Zolani “Roxo”. It has since emerged that Roxo is his mother’s maiden surname.
• His parents have links to correctional services and own a large home in the vicinity of St Albans Prison, where it is believed one of them worked.
The case so far:
• Sibeko was arrested at his parents’ home in July, 15 months after Jayde’s murder.
• Insistent on using Roxo as a last name, police ran his fingerprints through their system to establish his true identity.
• Sibeko has openly displayed his hatred towards the media throughout.
• He said he has no fixed address and did not apply for bail.
What the prosecution alleges:
• Cellphone tower plotting placed Sibeko with alleged hitmen Sizwezakhe Vumazonke and Sinethemba Nemembe when they circled Jayde’s route to work at Riebeek College in Uitenhage on April 15 last year.
• Sibeko was allegedly present again outside Jayde’s home the following day, when the planned kidnapping was aborted because the kidnappers could not trace her. She was ultimately abducted five days later.
• Sibeko has been charged as a co-conspirator and it is not yet known if he was present when Jayde was shot.
The defence version:
• While Sibeko denies any involvement, he has not yet given his version to the court.