Who is Sinethemba Nemembe:
• He is 28 years old and from Kwazakhele.
• Five months after Jayde’s murder, Nemembe and Vumazonke’s cousin, Thanduxolo Vumazonke, allegedly broke into the Kunene Park home of Marlene Webber, 78, and smothered her with a towel. The case has not yet been finalised.
• He has also been linked to a robbery case in East London, but details are still sketchy.
The case so far:
• Nemembe was arrested in connection with Jayde’s murder in October last year, while still in custody for Webber’s murder. It was cellphone expert Thereza Botha who allegedly managed to link him to Jayde’s murder.
• He opted not to apply for bail and has not yet put a version before court.
• Nemembe shared a prison cell with suspected triggerman Sizwezakhe Vumazonke and attested to his deteriorating health.
What the prosecution alleges:
• Nemembe was roped in by Vumazonke to assist with the alleged hit.
• On the morning of April 21 last year, Nemembe circled Jayde’s Kabega Park complex in a rental car, while Vumazonke waited outside on foot.
• He allegedly assisted in the kidnapping and was present when Jayde was executed.
The evidence against him:
• The state will rely predominantly on cellphone tower plotting to place Nemembe at the scenes of the kidnapping and murder.
• It will also use cellphone billing to show how he allegedly communicated with his co-accused during that time.
The defence version:
• While he has already indicated that he will plead not guilty to the murder, Nemembe’s version is not yet known.