THE ANC will be fielding me as its councillor candidate to contest the by-election in Ward 1 on April 2. We will be building on the solid foundation that the Ward 1 branch has built over the past five years.
The ANC election manifesto builds on and develops the achievements that we all as a country have achieved in a very short time – 20 years is nothing, but look how far we have come!
In the rural areas of our ward we all have very similar concerns and a vote for the ANC in the by-election will ensure the following:
- An elected representative who lives in the ward;
- The rural areas will no longer be neglected;
- Farm security will be demanded;
- Housing for farm workers will be sourced. We already have some of them on the social housing list in Walmer;
- Elukholweni school gets more government support and the state complements the amazing work that community members are doing;
- The roads in our rural areas are maintained and we demand continuous policing to ensure all road users are protected, especially pedestrians and recreational users;
- All our green areas are protected and the conservancy gets the financial support it deserves;
- The Expanded Works Programme is implemented in the rural area, ensuring road verges, beaches and green areas are maintained;
- Support for local businesses;
- Community participation in our metro’s integrated development plan (IDP) and ward committees.
In terms of monitoring and performance evaluation, the ANC will have a 48-hour response to community queries, with regular follow-up and corrective action.
A vote for me and the ANC will ensure that opposition parties’ failures in our area will be rectified. Together we move South Africa forward!
Kevin Foster, chairperson for Ward 1 ANC branch and councillor candidate for Ward 1 by-election