Twenty people have died in Cameroon after consuming a home-made alcoholic drink that can often be toxic, state radio said.
A further 22 people are in hospital in the eastern town of A bong-Bang after drinking odontol.
Authorities in the affected areas of eastern Cameroon have banned the production and sale of the drink.
Odontol is produced from palm wine, sugar and tree bark and sold outside traditional shops at a low price.
Eighteen people have died in Mindourou and three in Abong-Bang after consuming “a cursed drink called odontol.”