The ANC in Nelson Mandela Bay will today reveal who will lead the party from the metro’s opposition benches over the next five years.
It is also expected to shed light on its bid to legally challenge the allocation of PR seats in the council.
Regional task team coordinator Beza Ntshona said a decision had been reached by the ANC provincial leadership on Monday.
“The decision on who will be the opposition leader will be announced [today] at a media briefing,” he said yesterday.
ANC provincial secretary Oscar Mabuyane confirmed that the deployment committee had made a decision about the party’s caucus leadership in the metro.
“Names were forwarded to the deployment committee.
“We have decided and we will communicate that to the regional ANC leadership,” Mabuyane said.