Hlaudi to challenge his axing

Hlaudi Motsoeneng
File picture: James Oatway

Embattled former SABC chief operating officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng intends to challenge the outcome of a disciplinary inquiry which resulted in him being booted from the SABC.

Motsoeneng’s lawyer, Zola Majavu, said he had been instructed to challenge the ruling.

“Mr Motsoeneng has informed me of his desire to challenge the ruling and has instructed me to prepare to do so‚” Majavu said.

He said Motsoeneng was aggrieved by the ruling and would meet his legal team on Monday to discuss in what form they would challenge it.

Motsoeneng confirmed he had received the ruling.

However‚ he declined to say what he planned to do in the aftermath of his dismissal.

“I don’t want to talk about my future or my plans because my focus right now is on this legal matter,” he said.

Motsoeneng was officially fired from the public broadcaster on Monday after being found guilty of misconduct‚ relating to comments he made at a media briefing in April.

During the briefing‚ Motsoeneng criticised SABC board members and a parliamentary committee that was looking into alleged irregularities at the public broadcaster.

Leave a Reply