Two schools in Limpopo will not receive results

Results from two schools in Limpopo hit by an examination leak scandal will be withheld when the matric results are released on Thursday.

Basic Education spokesman Elijah Mhlanga confirmed the pupils would not receive their results with the rest of the Class of 2016.

“The regulations require that we withhold the results, pending the outcome of an investigation‚” Mhlanga said.

In November‚ the Maths Paper II exam was leaked on a WhatsApp group.

A 52-year-old man handed himself over to police and has been charged.

But apart from these two schools‚ Mhlanga said that everything was in order for the release of the marks on Thursday.

The Sunday Times reported that the overall pass rate was expected to increase marginally‚ by about 1.9 percentage points.

“We have done everything that we needed to do and it’s all systems go‚” Mhlanga said.

The only thing that still had to be done was to have the results statements printed.

Mhlanga said there were some issues in each of the provinces‚ but the department was nonetheless confident in the performance of the matrics.

“Limpopo had Vuwani [troubled township]‚ the Eastern Cape had to work on recovering from last year’s decline and KwaZulu-Natal is the biggest Grade 12 enrolment and also needed to recover from a steep decline last year,” he said.

“The smaller Northern Cape has had to improve being managed better.”

Leave a Reply

Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment moderation policy. Your email address is required but will not be published.