Grey supervisor fired after sex acts furore

A Grey Junior School aftercare supervisor accused of performing sexual acts on young boys and sending them sexually explicit photographs, has been fired.

In a short statement to parents yesterday the school said it had found the young woman, 22, guilty of gross misconduct.

The woman’s lawyer, Danie Gouws, however, said he intended to take the matter further as no disciplinary hearing had taken place and “we have documents pointing to her innocence. She should have had a chance to state her case”.

The letter to parents, sent via a school app, read: “Having enquired extensively into the matter Grey Junior School, in consultation with the Governing Body, have found the employee guilty of gross misconduct and have summarily terminated the employee’s services.

“The matter, together with all information gathered during the investigation process has been handed over by the school to the relevant division of the South African Police Services for further investigation, as it always intended to do, and has offered to assist the [police] where it can.”

The young aftercare supervisor is alleged to have sent the pictures to boys as young as 12. She was suspended by the school three weeks ago when the allegations came to light.

Grey attorney Craig Jessop yesterday confirmed that the woman had been fired. Gouws said he had been informed of the school’s decision yesterday. “I have the documents here in front of me saying her services have been terminated. We were informed, verbally, that a disciplinary hearing would take place.

It seems at the stage the SAPS got involved, a decision was taken that no disciplinary hearing would take place. “We have documents that point to her innocence.

We thought she would have a chance to state her case. She has not had that chance so we will be taking this further.”

Earlier this week, senior state prosecutor, advocate Linda le Roux, who specialises in sexual offences cases, and Mount Road Cluster Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Unit detective team commander Captain Sanet Winter held a meeting with the school management to find out why the allegations had not been reported immediately.

Police spokeswoman Captain Sandra Janse van Rensburg said an inquiry into the allegations was still under investigation and no criminal case had yet been opened. The aftercare supervisor did not answer her phone when called yesterday.

Leave a Reply