A horrified Port Elizabeth woman has vowed to never set foot in Walmer Park’s Pick n Pay again, after claiming to having almost swallowed a piece of plastic glove.
Debbie Dixon-Paver, 60, of Lovemore Heights, bought two hamburger rolls at Pick n Pay yesterday, anticipating digging into a delightful cheesefilled roll when she got home after a long day of shopping.
To her surprise, she said, when she took her first bite of the roll, she choked on a “plastic glove finger”.
“I was horrified to discover, after spitting out the contents of my mouth, that it was an entire finger of a plastic glove embedded in the bread roll,” she said.
“I am so disgusted I am definitely sure that I will never set foot in that store again.”
In an e-mail fired off to Pick n Pay yesterday, she wrote: “I’m absolutely disgusted and plan to contact the Department of Health as well to come and check out the hygiene in your bakery.”
Pick n Pay spokeswoman Tamra Veley said: “We’re really sorry for what our customer experienced and we will investigate how this could possibly have happened. We’re visiting her tomorrow and we will make sure she’s happy with the way we have responded.”