Man, 24, dies after attack at home in Sherwood

Mystery surrounds the murder of a 24-year-old man who was allegedly attacked with a blunt object at a home in Sherwood in Port Elizabeth yesterday.

He died later at the Medicross healthcare facility in Linton Grange.

Police spokeswoman Colonel Priscilla Naidu said police were investigating a case of murder and house robbery after the attack yesterday afternoon.

The identity of the man was being withheld until the next of kin had been informed.

Naidu said details of the attack were still vague.

“What we know at this stage is that the man was hit with a blunt instrument and was later transported to the Medicross health facility,” she said.

The Herald team who visited the house in Corbin Street was ordered by police to leave the scene.

Detectives were spotted searching for clues, while Atlas Security vehicles were parked nearby.

One thought on “Man, 24, dies after attack at home in Sherwood

  • September 16, 2016 at 10:20 am

    Hopefully, once the corruption in NMBM is eradicated by the DA, we could begin to see cctv cameras installed to monitor vulnerable areas where crime is prevalent and deter loitering.


Leave a Reply