Nelson Mandela Bay mayor Athol Trollip made a commitment yesterday to tackle a number of issues during his first 100 days in office. They include:
- Secure R100-million in financial savings;
- Appoint a permanent municipal manager and executive directors for electricity and energy, and human settlements;
- Make a decision about the future of the IPTS bus system and source funding, if needed;
- Devise a new budget to cater for changed priorities;
- Major leaks and antiquated infrastructure must be evaluated and the repairs re-prioritised;
- Draft a new Integrated Development Plan (IDP) to include the coalition government’s manifestos;
For the full story read The Herald, or get the complete newspaper, including comics, classifieds, crosswords and back editions in our e-Edition.