Toddler dies after touching live fence

 

SHAWN DUBE
SHAWN DUBE

THE devastated parents of three- year-old Shawn Dube, who was electrocuted in Missionvale on Wednesday, have pleaded for something to be done about illegal connections before more lives are lost.

According to residents of the Rolihlahla settlement, Shawn is the fourth person to die from these connections after he fell against a fence which had become electrified by dangling illegal wiring while playing with a tyre with friends.

His young mother, Siphiwe Dube, sat huddled in a corner of her home with other women yesterday, mourning Shawn’s tragic death. A group of men stood sombrely outside. – Yoliswa Sobuwa

For the full story read The Herald, or get the complete newspaper, including comics, classifieds, crosswords and back editions in our e-Edition

Leave a Reply