Plans made to avoid light party repeat

AN alert has been issued after the wrong lights were used at a 13-year-old’s birthday party, causing more than 40 children to receive medical treatment last weekend

The lights used, germicidal lamps, emit low levels of radiation used for disinfecting purposes. Luckily there were no long-term effects to their eyes and most of the children at the Charlo party were back to normal within 24 hours. The lights used should have been UV units.

“We stand by our apology for supplying the wrong lights, but we weren’t the only company involved,” Diane Jonson-Percy, co-owner of electronic supplier Elektrex, said yesterday. – Riaan Marais

For the full story read The Herald, or get the complete newspaper, including comics, classifieds, crosswords and back editions in our e-Edition

Leave a Reply

Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment moderation policy. Your email address is required but will not be published.