Alert neighbour saves family in shack blaze

Yoliswa Sobuwa

A MISSIONVALE family lost almost all their belongings in a shack fire in the Rolihlahla informal settlement on Sunday night.

It is believed the fire started in an unoccupied shack and quickly spread to the family’s nearby shack.

Nokhelekile Tshebe, 42, her husband Zamomzi Tshebe, 52, and their three children – Nosiviwe, 18, Sothembela, 10, and Luthandile, 3 – were asleep but an alert neighbour saw the flames.

 

For the full story read The Herald, or get the complete newspaper, including comics, classifieds, crosswords and back editions in our e-Edition

Leave a Reply

Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment moderation policy. Your email address is required but will not be published.