A DEVASTATED family in Windvogel, Port Elizabeth, lost everything yesterday when their house burnt down.
Sieraagh Nel said the only saving grace was that his wife, Jean, and their three children – aged one, six and 11 – were safe.
Nel said the house was built in December and they had lived in it for only 10 months. “Now there is nothing left. The firemen were on the scene but there was nothing they could save.”
It is believed that an electrical fault caused the fire.
For the full story read The Herald, or get the complete newspaper, including comics, classifieds, crosswords and back editions in our e-Edition