HAMLET may have felt powerless in his Elsinore fortress centuries ago, but he is experiencing a loss of power even today.
The cast of the production Hamlet 2013 had to postpone their opening night due to a power outage in Port Elizabeth’s Central on Wednesday – this after an absence of power had already forced the troupe to relocate from their traditional St George’s Park venue.
Director Linda-Louise Swain said the power was out from 5.30pm – with the show scheduled to start at 7.30pm – so they had to postpone the play’s opening at the Pemads Little Theatre to last night.
“They [the municipality] said they were trying to find the fault at Albany Road, but were battling to trace it.”
For the full story read The Herald, or get the complete newspaper, including comics, classifieds, crosswords and back editions in our e-Edition