Victims fight ‘advocate Barbie’s release

Two girls who fell victim to convicted sex offender Cezanne Visser will fight to ensure she is not granted correctional supervision, The Star reported on Wednesday (15/08/2012).

Their lawyer Pieter van R Coetzee said the two, who were aged 11 and 15 at the time of the abuse, were still trying to come to terms with their ordeal.

Visser, who is also known as “Advocate Barbie”, was convicted in 2009 of 11 charges including fraud, soliciting a girl to commit indecent acts, indecently assaulting girls, and manufacturing and possession of child pornography.

Earlier this year, her lawyer Llewellyn Curlewis told Rapport her release on correctional supervision had been recommended by National Commissioner Tom Moyane.

Coetzee said he had served a notice on the minister of correctional services and the Pretoria Parole Board that the two victims would object to any possible form of early release.

He asked that the two be supplied with any form of documentation to assist them in their formal objection. The victims would attend any parole hearings, said Coetzee.

The newspaper reported that the parole board was compelled to consider Visser’s release after she had served two-thirds of her sentence. – Sapa

Leave a Reply

Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment moderation policy. Your email address is required but will not be published.