Let Faku put case – ANC

ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe, reacting to a call by ANC Nelson Mandela Bay regional chairperson Nceba Faku on Friday to “burn the Herald”, said yesterday Faku should be given a chance first to explain himself.
 Faku, addressing supporters from the steps of the Port Elizabeth City Hall as they celebrated the ANC election victory in the city, said the paper was the party’s biggest enemy.
 Mantashe said “nobody” in the party should incite the destruction of property, but that, in an open letter to the newspaper, Faku had contested a number of comments attributed to him.
Earlier, Mantashe said the ANC team appointed to investigate irregularities in the compilation of the party’s lists of candidates for last week’s municipal elections would not have to work to a deadline, despite a growing revolt in the party about the candidate lists.
Announcing the names of the seven-member investigative team, he said their work would not be time- bound or influenced by the cries of the loudest in the crowd.
The ANC this week faced a revolt by some of its members in Bizana in the Eastern Cape, and Waterloo in KwaZulu-Natal.
 Click here for more on this story in our e-Edition on Tuesday.
 

Leave a Reply