ANC calls on Faku to explain

THE ANC has ordered embattled Nelson Mandela Bay chairman Nceba Faku to publicly explain his municipal election victory speech last week where he issued a call to burn The Herald.



National ANC spokesperson Jackson Mthembu said the party had asked its provincial structures to investigate the incident, which saw the regional chairman call on about 100 ANC loyalists, who had gathered in Vuyisile Mini (Market) Square last Thursday to celebrate the party’s 51.9% win in the metro, to “burn The Herald!”.



“If he did, they [the provincial ANC structures] must take action, which includes asking him to retract his statements and even apologise to South Africa for his comments,” Mthembu said.



ANC provincial spokesman Mlibo Qoboshiyane said ANC Eastern Cape chairman Phumulo Masualle would meet Faku later this week to ask him to explain his comments.



 Click here for more on this story in our e-Edition on Tuesday.

Leave a Reply

Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment moderation policy. Your email address is required but will not be published.