THE ANC has identified a team to probe possible irregularities in its list processes, to be led by NEC member Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, ANC secretary general Gwede Mantashe said today (May 19).
“We are not going to work on the basis of who protested. They (the team) are going to take their time, do a thorough job and make recommendations on the basis of investigation,” Mantashe told journalists in Johannesburg.
He was briefing the media after a meeting of the party’s national working committee.
The ANC has appointed a seven-member team to probe the list process after protests erupted in various provinces by ANC members unhappy about it.
The ANC also defended itself in court in the Eastern Cape after its members attempted to have the lists nullified.
“The team of very seasoned leaders and veterans of the ANC will focus on the manipulation of the list processes which undermined list guidelines,” Mantashe said.
No deadlines had been set for the probe, as the party did not yet know the extent of the problem.