More than 400 couples entered The Herald Bride and Groom 2016 competition but only 12 made it to the finals.
Last year’s winners, Andisiwe and Zukile Zoba, together with an in-house panel from Times Media, chose (in no particular order) :
- Diane and Daniel Schultz
- Shumeez and Rafeeq Moodaley
- Vuyolwethu and Buntu Qupe
- Mandisa and Majola Nkohli
- Kimendrin and Prinesh Naidoo
- Zoliswa and Thando Yose
- Nicole and Haylin Redelinghuys
- Leigh and Gavelyn Windvogel
- Jessica and Bjorn Ronaasen
- Samantha and Jonathan Skepe
- Kayla and Bently van Wyk
- Melissa and Alistar Joseph
Even though the first rounds of the competition are based purely on the photos submitted, the judging criteria are not about beauty but rather the special sparkle that shows the joy of the newlyweds.
The final round of judging takes the form of a meet-andgreet at the Beach Hotel, where each couple will receive prizes before the winning bride and groom are announced.
The Herald readers also receive a chance to win with an SMS Predict the Winner competition.