Montagu Sticky Toffee Christmas Pudding
It’s nearly time to start thinking of that Christmas day menu. Read on for the recipe for a Christmas pud with a difference: it’s a sticky toffee pudding using dried fruit and with a to-die-for sauce.
(Montagu’s step-by-step video can be viewed here.)
- 180 g Montagu pitted dates and dried fruit cake mix (combination of both)
- 180 ml hot water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 150 grams dark brown muscovado sugar
- 15 ml dark molasses
- 2 eggs
- 180 grams flour self-raising flour
For the sauce
- 100 g muscovado sugar
- 100 g butter
- 100 ml cream
- Soak the fruit in the water with the bicarbonate of soda for about 15 minutes and blend until puree
- Cream the sugar and the butter the add the eggs one by one and whisk until fluffy
- Sift in the flour and stir, but be careful not to over mix
- Add 100g dried fruit mix and fold through, spray a ring mold and bake in a 160 degree oven for about 45 minutes until cooked
- Heat the sugar and the butter until melted and sugar dissolved the add the cream in one go
- Boil until the sauce thickens a little and pour over the pudding. You can decorate with more dried fruit if you like.
- Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!