IT’S not only brides-to-be who won with La Femme at The Herald Boardwalk Bridal Fair, with the following visitors among the dozens taking home prizes including skin products, makeovers and perfume from Woolworths.
- Judy Haukohl wins the R15000 Red Carpet Glamour Date competition, consisting of a R10000 voucher from Don Marco, and a stay for two at the five-star Boardwalk Hotel with spa treatments from Africology Spa.
Certain bridal fair prizes could only be won if prize-winners were in attendance, such as two Friday night “matric magic” giveaways, where fashion show compère, Carol-Ann Kelleher, made the contestants work for their prizes. The Algoa FM presenter asked one group of wannabe winners to sing an imaginary karaoke tune, while others had to strut down the ramp like a model, or shake their booty in a sexy dance number.
- Pearson High School matriculant Mieke Struwig, 18, won an L Designs dress for her matric farewell to the value of R5000 from Leandra Fourie, on Friday.
- Andrea von Holdt won a R1500 voucher from Jenni Gault International, on Friday.
- Bridget Ungerer won a hen-night party for 20 friends to the value of R7000 from Bushbuck Ridge on Friday, and Siphokazi (surname not provided) won a similar prize on Saturday.
In other recent La Femme competitions:
- Cheryl White won high tea for a family of four at the Plantation on Mother’s Day.
- The following readers have won crystal jewellery from Jenni Gault International: Anni Mcleod wins the main prize of a Circle of Life “Heart of the Mother” pendant, a ring, earrings, a Lucky Bug and gift voucher.
The Jenni Gault International runner-up is Lynette Plaatjies and the winners of consolation prizes are: Carol Hartzenberg, Michelle Brussow, Gay Schönborn, Bongeka Ngaleka, Lindsey Groom, Heather Moulton, Lameez Tobias, Lillian St John, Linda Mathers, Bernice Schreiber, Lynn Kolesky, Carol Mariner, Eileen McCall-Peat, Monica Mackenzie, Ramesh Ranchod, Sally Parkinson, Charleen Van Rensburg, Susan Scott, Zelda Ellis and Marlene Thomas.