CATHERINE Eade, a divorced mum-of-three, has attended a course to help her get back on the dating scene after 16 years in coupledom.
Finding myself single again at the age of 46, I decided to visit the London School of Attraction.
Below are the top 10 tips I was told by Alex, my (male) teacher. Since my session, I have been feeling far more confident about my dating skills.
1. Go up to men and chat them up.
2. Think about the kind of man you’d like to meet and hang out in places where they might.
3. Subtle doesn’t work.
4. Learn to be someone who is naturally “touchy”.
5. Inject lightness and humour into your conversation.
6. There is no such thing as an awkward silence, just a silence that becomes awkward if you don’t point it out and laugh it off.
7. Don’t talk about your ex.
8. Use humour, but not in a cruel way.
9. Don’t overthink, analyse or assign meanings to things men say.
10. Don’t go out looking for a “relationship”: look for a nice man for friendship and the rest will follow. – The Daily Telegraph